I'm Sick

So... 

Currently I am sick. Not some kind of incurable, dreadful sickness, just a cold. Not much, but enough to make me feel like crap for the best part of a week. The thing that I hate most about being sick is that you're constantly tired and you want to sleep for numerous weeks in a row. I'm not trying to acquire sympathy or anything but I wanted to make a post, reaching out to all the sick-homies. Being sick is mentally and physically draining, you know, when your whole face is aching and you can't go for more than 10 seconds without blowing your nose, you're so inexplicably tired and you feel like you have glass shards stuck in your throat. Not nice.

Over the past four days, I have been doing used a few tricks that I think will get me closer to recovery sooner. Even if you're not sick these are some ideas to make you feel all nice inside. 

1. Make lemon juice. I have found myself drinking excessive amounts of lemon juice over the past week. It's actually really satisfying. Basically what you do is juice a lemon, add about two cups of water and then dissolve a teaspoon of honey in a bit of  hot water. Then add the honey water to the lemon concoction and voilà! You have yourself a soothing lemon drink. Also add ice to make it colder. There are many healthy properties of lemon juice, one being soothing your horrendously sore throat.

2. Make paracetamol intake minimal. Of course, this is just my opinion, but paracetamol brings your temperature down, causing your body to fight off your illness slower. You know that spiking temperature you get when you're sick, it's your body trying to fight your sickness. Growing up I was never provided with much paracetamol because my mum believed there weren't many benefits. I'm no doctor, this is just my opinion. Just do what's right for you.

3. Rest. Make sure you get lots of rest. I've had to do a bit of work while I'm sick but it's not the priority, so I only did a bit of it. Rest is important because it gives your body a chance to recharge and it does help you recover. Don't work all the time, it makes you feel even worse.

4. Watch something funny. Although it may cause you to feel a horrible scraping sensation it your throat, it's good to have something amusing around to cheer you up when you're most likely in a groggy mood.

5. Listen to music. I find thorough satisfaction in listening to music. Whatever you're into, let it fill your eardrums. Personally I like a bit of alternative, but I'm open to anything really. Music always lifts my mood or makes me feel somewhat better when I'm sick. 

6. Make yourself comfortable. It's important to have a space you feel tranquil amongst, especially when you're. It's a little space to chill, a corner with lights and candles and a nearby power outlet to charge your laptop. 

Some of these ideas may seem a bit dull, but it's important to have small pleasure that life you up. These ideas have made me feel better over the past few days. I do believe that I'm on the tail-end of this illness but it's always kind to share wisdom.

Sorry I have deserted this blog for a little while. I hope to post more regularly but I shall address that in another post!

Perfectly Unkept

Comments