Vlogging vs. Blogging

I have now reached the time in my blogging life where I have observed vloggers and deeply indulged in our differences, similarities and struggles. Every aspect of portraying yourself online comes with pros and cons, like anything, but these things have become more apparent to me as I have immersed myself further into the internet.

I typically would blog over vlog simply because of my personality. I am a linguistic person and find thorough satisfaction in reading. Whether it's a blog, book or news story, if I find it interesting I will read it. I don't know what it is, but there is something amazing about words and how they manage to weave themselves together. Can anyone relate?

Vlogging just isn't a thing that I generally have the capacity to do. It's not that I don't want to do it, it's just the circumstances or my arm being incapacitated to hold a camera at eye level for more than a minute. There are days where my body agrees with me and when I do have the sudden urge to video myself, it actually works. Vlogging seems to be difficult but when it's been done well it's entertaining and engaging. There are so many fundamental elements that make up a successful vlog, such as adequate lighting, backgrounds and making sure that what you're saying makes sense. All of this aside, I do spend prolonged periods of time on YouTube watching vloggers.


As for blogging, there are other elements that make it challenging. You have the task of maintaining the viewer's interest without visuals, so it's all up to the words. Personally I find blogging a very pleasurable task. For me expressing ideas and opinions through writing is fulfilling. With blogging, you don't have to worry about lighting or what you look like because the words are there to do the talking. Since there aren't any visuals, bloggers need to make sure that why they're saying has an impact and establishes a connection through writing. 

But like anything, if you want to be great at it, you have to work at it. Whatever floats your boat, as long as you're happy then that's all that matters.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, last week was rather hectic. I will try to post more regularly in the future.

Perfectly Unkept

Comments