What Tumblr has taught me

I consider myself an avid Tumblr user. I spend A LOT of my time scrolling through the depths of Tumblr. For those of you who don't know what Tumblr is, it's basically a blogging site, but you don't really blog as such... you re-blog stuff, which is basically forwarding a post on someone else's blog onto yours. It's among the most frequently visited of my social media platforms.

Tumblr has taught many things. It has taught me that it doesn't take much to keep me entertained. I have attained the ability to mindlessly scroll through Tumblr for many hours at a time. There's just something so entertaining about gazing at the endless re-blogs on my dashboard. 

It has taught me how strange the internet and its inhabitants have the capacity to be. There is some weird stuff on the internet and much of it manages to seep its way into the realms of Tumblr. If you're following the wrong blogs you're in for a surprise. Luckily I have never had the misfortune of stumbling across a... dodgy post. 

Tumblr has taught me that the look of your blog is a pressing issue. The look of your blog accounts for a lot of how you're perceived on Tubmlr. I'm sure other Tumblr users can relate to this, but I have spent prolonged periods of time just altering the theme of my Tumblr. It can be stressful trying to find the perfect theme, but when you do it's just the best feeling ever.

It has taught me that good text posts are one of the hardest things to write. I am so inadequate when it comes to being witty and throwing shade. It takes great skill to write a text post that circulates around Tumblr. I have a great amount of respect for the people that have the ability to 'text post' properly. Teach me your ways...

It has taught me that it actually double as a source to gain life hacks and inspiration. I have learnt many hacks that make life easier with the help of Tumblr. There are a variety of witty and inspiring posts scattered throughout Tumblr. By inspiring, I don't just mean quotes. I mean exotic scenery and seeing people doing amazing things and reading poetry and finding witty text posts. Tumblr has inspired me before and I think that that's one of Tumblr's greatest attributes.

So, that's what Tumblr has taught me.

I am planning on making "What [blank] has taught me" into a series. I have just started to gain a few comments over the past week which I am extremely grateful for. Please leave comments and ideas for this or ideas for other blog posts in general. 

Perfectly Unkept

Comments

  1. This is a good post just like the many others.
    I like the idea of putting this,"What [blank] has taught me" into a series.
    Maybe you could do:

    "What family has taught me"
    OR
    "What (someone u look up to) has taught me"

    Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely take your ideas on board and look out for a post about this in the future!

      Delete
  2. Hi, it's Thoughtprovoking here.

    Can I just say what an amazing blogger and writer you are!
    I wish you all the best and I recently joined Blogger and I found your blog. I just read everyone's blog. I'm not really interested in blogging right now.

    Putting this topic into a series is a splendid idea.

    Here are a couple of my ideas to get you up and running:

    "What life has taught me thus far" - would be a really in depth, deep and very interesting topic. I think you should do that one as an option.

    Another interesting topic would probably be- "What friendship has taught me"
    I am sure that all of us experience a downpour in some friendships. Or sometimes life - long friends who sadly grew apart. I don't know, but all your work is amazing. Sometimes we just love having friends around just for the fun of it.

    Well, I hope u like my feedback!
    Thoughtprovoking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Thoughtprovoking

      Thank you so much for your kind words! This is definitely something I thoroughly enjoy and plan on doing it for a long time. I would be interested in reading your blog if you decided to start blogging in the future. Thanks for your ideas, I will definitely take them on board, so look out for your idea in a future post.

      Delete

Post a Comment