BLUE NEIGHBOURHOOD

As of a few hours ago, Troye Sivan released his new album Blue Neighbourhood. I have been following Troye for a few years now and I'm really happy for him. He has accomplished so much and this is a great way to end his, and our, year. 

The build up for this album has been pretty intense, social media adjustments, snippets of songs, hints, parts of enlarged photos sprawled all over his Instagram and basically the whole fandom going crazy. This year has been insane for a lot of YouTubers, book releases and signings, tours, movies, TV shows and music. 

Anyway, back to the album.

I just finished listening to it and it's AMAZING! Everything from the lyrics and beats have been created with such perfection. He has an incredible voice and speaks heartfelt and meaningful lyrics. Although falling into the category of electronic music, he has created his own sound as an artist. Build ups in verses, seamlessly rolling into choruses. Every song has a unique sound.

Personally, my favourite songs are HEAVEN and BLUE. Heaven sounds like a summer song to me, blasting it at the beach. Troye collaborates with Betty Who in this song and they harmonise so well.

Blue is a bit more mellow but that's why I like it. It begins with a piano but the beat becomes complex after the first chorus. Alex Hope features in this song and her voice is amazing. 

I would definitely recommend buying this album. Put it on your Christmas list! Tell me what you guys think of it.

Perfectly Unkept

Comments