Journal

As soon as the morning renders me awake, I journal. Stuck in a state between awake and asleep, I scribble whatever pops into my mind onto the page. I believe this helps unblock my 'writing pipes', making way for creative content later in the day. When I'm caught in a morning haze, putting my thoughts on paper helps lift the fog in my mind. It's a great way to start the day and has been proven to release stress.

Writing is a big part of my life, it always has been. For as long as I can remember I have loved to write, whether it be journaling, fiction writing or poetry. It helps me organise my thoughts, enables me to better understand what's happening in my life and unleash a part of my creative side.

Since about January 10th, I've been challenging myself to write every morning. I call it 'Ten Minute Mornings', where I sit down and write for 10 minutes. I'm up to day 35 and I've only missed a couple of mornings. The style of writing isn't fancy. Some mornings I only write a few sentences, but writing something is better than nothing. 

I challenge you to try this. Anyone and everyone should give it a go. If you're busy, just try to set aside a few moments. If you're not busy, when you wake, grab a pen and journal and just write. IIt doesn't matter if you don't believe your a good writer, just sprawl whatever musing thoughts come to mind on paper. Your writing doesn't have to be an incredible work of literature, don't worry about grammatical errors, spelling or fancy wordplay. If you're struggling, give it a week. Once you get used to it, it will become part of your normal routine.

If you're up to it, do it, I say. 

Perfectly Unkempt

Comments

Post a Comment