what is art?

Yesterday I stumbled upon a small YouTuber who goes by the name of Blake Rhiner. I searched through his content and found one video that caught my attention, titled: 'what is art?' The video left the viewers with that question and I decided to share my thoughts.

I mulled over this question for a while and came to the conclusion that art is any expression of passion. Art isn't confined to painting or theater, it doesn't always have to be creative. When I see a skill being performed, alive with passion or flair, I see art. And it's all around us, whether it's a barista brewing a coffee or a scientist carrying out an experiment. Art is passion and passion is beautiful to me.


He also asked: 'is YouTube art? Is this a new medium for story-telling?' 


I thought this was a very interesting question and I think, yes, YouTube is art to a certain extent. I believe it depends on the creator. It can seem some are looking for clicks and others do it because creating and story-telling is what they love to do. As the viewers we may sometimes find it hard to distinguish between the two. So, I think YouTube is becoming a new medium for story-telling. If from the creator's perspective, their content is art, then it is.


To conclude, I'm also going to leave you with that question: 'what is art?' and 'in what form do you express art?'


Perfectly Unkept


Comments