Times are a changin'


Most readers that frequent this blog would have noticed the drastic change it has undergone. Don't worry, the same person is still running the show; I am Perfectly Unkempt and Perfectly Unkempt is me but I believe it is time for an upgrade.

Life has changed vastly over the past year and I feel this doesn't represent my vision how I want it to.
My vision has always been to write about my passions and interests, sharing different elements of myself while creating community, a place for anyone to converse and create. I'd always loved writing and created this blog impulsively. The idea of having my very own writing platform excited me but I had no idea what I wanted to achieve, so I created an average-looking facade, used the first creative-sounding name that came to mind and called this place my own. To be honest, I'd always wanted to improve the blog's look but I didn't know how or what to do. I wanted to change the persona to something that better suited me but I was stuck, I had nothing. Until now.

Miller And Me encompasses the blog as a whole. It represents the many faucets of myself I display in writing as well as embodying the community and conversation I wish to create through this blog. 'Miller' in the first case is the side of myself I display in general writing and areas of interest while 'Me' depicts a more personal or sensitive side that covers topics of passion. In the second instance 'Miller' is you, the reader. Miller is how I wish to include community into the brand, as it is an integral part of this forum. Miller And Me is the creator and community both, this is not just about me posting and you reading, it's also about creating conversation and opinion.

Another more simple reason for changing the name is because it sounds more casual. I want to connect and be approachable. With a more simplistic name I feel that is easier.

Before now I didn't have a 'proper' name that I could be referred to as. Calling someone 'Perfectly' sounds a bit weird if you ask me. Now, if you wish to email or comment you can call me Miller. I think that sounds pretty cool. :)

This blog is still the beautiful mess that it was, and it always will be, but times are a changin' and I felt this should too. Miller And Me is the new me and I look forward to seeing where it takes me.



-Miller-

Comments

  1. Hey Miller, I love the new look. I believe and I know that you will go far :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment