Tunesday #1 // November '16


Welcome, to the very first instalment of Tunesday! Tunesday is a series I will be starting where on the first Tuesday of every month I'll share a list of my favourite beats from the past 30 days. As an avid lover of all music, I've compiled some groovy tunes to hopefully introduce you to a world of undiscovered music that you will fall in love with. I do understand that music is subjective. If you don't like my taste then that is totally okay, I won't be offended, but if you do then it's your lucky day.

Songs are filtered into three categories; soft electronic, acoustic and alternative, to give you an idea of the song's sound. 

Cavalier // Electronic // James McMorrow
This song is the epitome of chill. Cavalier is a perfect addition to any '4.a.m. Comedown' playlist.

What you desire // Acoustic // Daggy Man

A bit of a sad song this one. It really struck a chord with me when I listened to it. Good if you want to have a bit of a cry.

Step // Alternative // Vampire Weekend

There is one line in particular that I connected with; 'wisdom's a gift but you trade it for youth, age is an honour, it's still not the truth'. There is so much honesty in this song. To me it's a breath of fresh air, something a bit different.

Terrified // Acoustic // Isaac Gracie

This song is simple, yet very powerful. You hear a heartfelt message disguised among simple chords.

Saving us a riot // Acoustic // Phoria

I'm a sucker for acoustic-guitar-picky songs so I was entranced when I first listened. It's quite poetic, I can't really fault this song. 

Indigo puff // Alternative // Sundara Karma
Indigo puff sounds to me like a 'road trip' song. Something about this song is quite uplifting and motivating. 

Over it // Alternative // Adam Martin
While the instruments in Over it sound upbeat the lyrics tell a different story. I've been able to relate to this song on several occasions. 

Only // Acoustic // RY X
Another acoustic wonder.

Killing jar // Alternative // Marcus Marr
Killing jar is actually one of my favourite songs right now. It combines flavours from both alternative and electronic to make a multilayered, watery, mood-provoking masterpiece. I always notice different elements every time I hear this song. 

Stuck on the puzzle // Alternative // Alex Turner
Most of you may know Alex as the front face of Arctic Monkeys but he actually started on his own. There's a certain softness and sweetness to this song. And Alex's amazing vocals too, of course. 

Flannel // Acoustic // The Cardboard Swords
When I first heard this song I was taken aback, in a good way. I was surprised at how some spoken word poetry was seamlessly thrown in, quite cleverly written. 

Kill our way to heaven // Soft electronic // Michl
This song hits me in so many places. Both the lyrics and bass are so strong.

Ramona // Alternative // Velociraptor
Ramona is tad 80s sounding but it's pretty rad. It's kinda uplifting, makes you want to get up and dance.

Swings and watersides // Alternative // Viola Beach
I can't help but sing to this song. Such a great tune. You'll catch me bobbing my head if I'm listening to this song.

Anchor // Acoustic // Novo Amor
This song makes me emotional. Amazing voice, amazing lyrics. Left me speechless.

The loser // Soft electronic // Zach Farache
The loser is multilayered, yet simple and organic. It begins with a bit of ukelele, layering sounds until it hits you with that bass. 

In lieu of a Spotify playlist, I have created a playlist on YouTube which you can access by clicking hereI forgot to mention in my last post that I've cut down to using only Twitter as my social media outlet, so make sure you follow me if you want to receive updates on all the happenings of this blog.


I hope you found at least one song that you will be playing on repeat for the next few days (you're welcome). If you have any songs you'd like to recommend to me, make sure you leave a comment, I may even add it to next months' playlist.


-Miller


Comments