Countdown to 2017 // A playlist


Another trip around the sun, another year done and gone. It's been one hell of a year let me tell ya and we have now begun the countdown to 2017. If you're anything like me you're probably going to some sort of party or gathering. This year, for me, it's going to be a bit quieter, chilling at a friend's house listening to some music and probably sleeping somewhat early. What do you have planned for New Year's Eve, a quiet night in? Or partying hard? Whatever you've planned, you'll need your night to be accompanied by music of all moods. 

I've compiled a list of songs encompassing two moods; Countdown to 2017 and 4.a.m. Comedown. The Countdown to 2017 portion of the list will get your party started and hype you up for the new year. It's a mix of massive hits from 2016 and some more under the radar party tunes. 4.a.m. Comedown is full of all the chill vibes after a hard night of partying; the perfect aid for your hangover. These songs are a mix of acoustic and soft electronic sounds.


Countdown to 2017

Sexual // Neiked
UGH! // The 1975
Wild // Troye Sivan
Starboy // The Weeknd
24K Magic // Bruno Mars
Never Be Like You // Flume, Kai
Faded // Alan Walker
Be Right There // Diplo
Youth // Troye Sivan
Fake Love // Drake
Sorry // Justin Beiber
Cheap Thrills // Sia
Cutting Shapes // Don Diablo
Party Monster // The Weeknd
Say it // Flume, Tove Lo
They Don't Know Us // Kilter
Samurai (BKAYE Remix) // Vanic ft. Katy Tiz

4.a.m. Comedown

Santa Monica Dream // Angus and Julia Stone
Saving us a Riot // Phoria
Take a walk on the wild side // Natalia Mateo // A cover to the classic by Lou Reed
12 // The 1975
Above us // Hibou
The Beach // The Neighbourhood
Only U // et aliae
Sun Models // ODESZA, Madelyn Grant
The Loser // Zach Farache
Gong // FAVELA
Pretty Thoughts // Galimatias, Alina Baraz
Walk Away // LANY
Cavalier - the 1975 remix // James Vincent McMorrow
i like it when you sleep for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it // The 1975
Kill Our Way To Heaven // Michl
Shiver // Lucy Rose

These are my picks for songs to add to your New Year's night. A playlist for these songs can be found on YouTube here (Countdown to 2017) and here (4.a.m. Comedown). You'll probably need to add your own songs to these playlists to get you through the whole night.

This playlist will probably replace Tunesday for January. I'm going to be away for New Year's so I won't really have the time (or wifi) to make a completely new playlist by next week. All the music that I've found over the past month is on here anyway. Another bonus is you don't just have to listen to these songs on New Year's, they can be played anytime! I don't just want to make a half-hearted playlist because I feel obliged to. There's probably more songs on here than I would include in a regular Tunesday anyway! 

After New Year's, I want to write a piece on my year; how it's been, what I've learnt and what I want out of 2017. So keep a look out for that. I hope you enjoyed and have an amazing New Year. Party hard, stay safe, see you on the other side.

- Miller

Comments