#MHletters // To Marc Lamberts

This is part of a series called Mental Health Letters created by Marc Lamberts. He encourages anyone and everyone to use their forum as a way to connect to others, raise awareness and destigmatize mental health. He created MH letters to do these things. By writing letters we are doing good for mental health and the person the letter is dedicated to.

I wanted to participate because I feel it's a great way to talk to and support others. If you have a blog (or even not) write an open letter to a friend or loved one, just talking to them, asking them how they are and letting them know what you think of them. I want to write this letter to Marc Lamberts, the creator of this series.


Dear Marc

We haven't known each other for too long, only a few weeks probably, but you have been so welcoming to me as I try to find my place in the blogging community. I wanted to write this not only because you are the creator of this wonderful initiative but I know you've been struggling at the moment. I want to share some gems with you and just talk really.

You were the first person that reached out to me a few weeks after I created my twitter account. Honestly, I was too scared to talk to anyone with a bigger following than me (which is basically everyone) but you still talked to me and I really admire that. Your willingness to talk to anyone, no matter their following or content, is really admirable. You are one of the most supportive people I've seen on this platform and it is something to be emulated. Another thing I admire about you is your content. You're great at writing and considering that English is your second language, you're doing a damn fine job. You also have a really good-looking blog.

You are so honest about yourself and how you feel, which is a sign of strength. I admire your courage and bravery to be unapologetically yourself through your blog, I know I couldn't do what you do. Your sensitivity and honesty is inspiring and is what honestly motivated me to join the mental health community.

I know you've been struggling at the moment, as you have mentioned it on your blog and twitter and that must be so so hard. I can't imagine how you're feeling right now but whatever it is, it's totally valid and okay. Maybe you don't know why you're feeling so crap, or maybe you do, but you are allowed to feel that way and you are allowed to take whatever measures you feel necessary to make yourself feel better. I gather that you may have just woken up when you see this, so, how are you feeling on this day?

I have also struggled with mental health and people have said to me before; "well, you have to keep going." Although that is true I want to say this, just because you have to do it doesn't mean it's easy.

I want you to know and remember that you are strong, valued and supported. You have so many great qualities, some you may not even be able to see in yourself, but there are heaps of people out there that value you. You are so strong and I want you to keep going. I'm glad to call you my friend.

Shine on, stay strong.

Miller :)

Comments