Tunesday #2 // December '16


Yes, it's that time again, time for the second instalment of Tunesday (I know it's a bit late, I'm sorry)! The last month has flown by and I've got a new batch of tunes for you to listen to. During the past month, I've discovered new songs and compiled them into a playlist for your listening pleasure.

Songs are filtered into three categories; electronic, acoustic and alternative, to give you an idea of the song's sound. 

Miley // alternative // SWMRS
'Miley is a punk rock queen' is this song's first lyric, I was hooked. This song is accurate, a social commentary in some ways and an all-around good song. I kinda found it a bit funny too, I'm not sure if that was intentional or not. This is an ode to Miley Cyrus if you will.

American Money // electronic // BORNS
I don't really know what to say about this one. Just listen, it's got me bobbing my head.

Bonfire // alternative // The Hunna
This song has a certain passion that I love. Starting with a guitar, it morphs into something bigger. I really like how it changes in tempo and sound.

Santa Monica Dream // acoustic // Angus & Julia Stone
This song is so heartfelt and has a poetic charm to it. The harmonies are just something else, their voices compliment each other so well. I also love the lyrics, but that's probably because I'm a sucker for wordy songs.

Cool Blue // acoustic // The Japanese house
There's so much to listen to in this song but it works. I don't know if acoustic is a good description of this song because it has so many different elements. An upbeat sorta tune. Also, the album artwork is cool.

Bloom //  acoustic //  The Paper Kites
I've been listening to The Paper Kites for a while and I wanted to include them. Bloom isn't their only 'acoustic genius' song, most of their songs either have intricate guitar picking or an upbeat backing track. Anything by them is a staple on my playlists, love their voice and music. Highly recommend.

Above Us // electronic // Hibou
This song makes me feel like I've stepped through a time warp; to the 80s. I don't know if music sounded like this in the 80s but it just feels 80s. There's also something about the sound that I love, it's full and riddled with reverb. It's just great.

Sexual // electronic // NEIKED, Dyo
This is a more 'pop' sounding song but it's really catchy and just fun. I always find myself dancing or something similar whenever this song comes on the radio.

Shiver // acoustic // Lucy Rose
Lucy's voice is so soft and harmonious, it takes me to another place. This song releases an emotional valve inside me somewhere, just makes me feel things. So so nice, like a lullaby or something.

She's Casual // alternative // The Hunna
Another great song by The Hunna. It's kinda similar but I'd still recommend it.

Naked As We Came // acoustic // Iron and Wine
A bit of an old one this one but, it's timeless sounding. It's another intricate, melodious, acoustic masterpiece. There is a bit of a pattern with these types of songs, their sounds are so different, but they all have a certain air of poetry to them and it just fills me up.

UGH! // alternative // The 1975
I absolutely love anything by The 1975. But I've especially been liking UGH! lately. I'm going to add a couple of other songs to the YouTube playlist including nana, the ballad of me and my brain and loving someone. The 1975 is probably my favourite band of all time. They play such a variety of songs, they mess with my emotions, my god. I implore you to check them out, you will not regret it. The 1975 store

Dodie Clark // Just in general really // subscribe to her channel
Some of you may know her as doddleoddle on YouTube. Dodie Clark has stepped into the professional music scene and released an album called Intertwined. I'm not going to go through every song but I highly, highly encourage you to purchase this album. It has everything, emotion, harmony and even a bit of humour (I have a hole in my tooth lol). This album hits me right in the feels. I can't choose a favourite but I love When and Life Lesson tbh. She has other great songs on her YouTube channel so go check her out.

So that's it from me. I've compiled all the songs mentioned on here onto a YouTube playlist. To see November's playlist click here. What's your favourite song from this month's playlist? What other music are you loving at the moment? Let me know in the comments!

- Miller


Comments