Tunesday #4 // Feb '17


Welcome to the first instalment of Tunesday for 2017! It's finally that time again where I get to impart my great musical discoveries upon you. Hopefully, to your liking. If you're wondering where January's Tunesday is, I decided to turn it into a New Year's playlist instead (you should check it out, there are HEAPS of great songs). Two posts in two days. How wild am I?

I've decided not to do a mini description of the songs anymore. For two reasons, but mainly because I believe music should be experienced without influence. If I tell you what I think of the song it may alter your perception of it. I don't want that. I want you to listen to every lyric and note with an open-mind, then tell me what you think. I will still label the sound of each song; acoustic, alternative and electronic. The other reason is that it's kinda hard to write a different synopsis for each song. It can get repetitive and I can sometimes end up putting half an effort in and I don't want that.

So, let's get it poppin'.

Castle On The Hill // Ed Sheeran
Shape of You // Ed Sheeran
Friends // Acoustic // Ed Sheeran

Just want to quickly say that I'm loving Ed Sheeran right now. I know I said I wouldn't say anything, but I do believe this is a bit of an extenuating circumstance. I'm sure you're already aware that he's released two new singles, which may I say I'm enamoured by. Maybe not as beautifully intricate and poetic as usually, but I still blast the songs and know all the lyrics. I decided not to categorise Ed's songs because, to be honest, they don't really fit into a category. They're in a league all of their own. Anyway, other new discoveries.

Seaside // Acoustic // The Kooks (anything by The Kooks is great really)
Lost // Electronic // Frank Ocean
'Cause I'm a Man // Electronic // Tame Impala
Heartburn // Electronic // Wafia
Notion // Electronic // Tash Sultana
Game Over! // Electronic // Harris Cole
Make You Wanna // Electronic // Ta-Ku
Morphine // Alternative // The Ninjas
Are We Ready? (Wreck) // Alternative // Two Door Cinema Club
St. Clarity // Acoustic // The Paper Kites
Big Eyes // Acoustic // Matt Corby
All I Want // Acoustic // Kodaline
Comes and Goes // Acoustic // Covey

So that's it for this month. Go and listen to this playlist on YouTube, then come back and tell me what you think. What music have you found over the past month?

- Miller

Comments