Tunesday #6 // May '17


Finally, I am back with another instalment of Tunesday! I apologise for missing out on last month's playlist, but life kinda got in the way. BUT, I am back, ready and rearing to share more magical music for you to marvel at. I have decided that this month I will create a slightly longer playlist than usual to compensate for lost time.

As usual, music will be split in into three categories; acoustic, alternative and electronic, to give you an idea of their sound. I'm pretty happy with this month's batch of music. Sounds from Maala (amazing music, check him out) to The Kooks are included in this playlist. As I said earlier, this playlist is more lengthy than usual, including over 20 songs instead of the typical 15. I found the song Brother, in particular, to have a different sound to what I would generally listen to, but in the end, I found it uplifting. E.K Caine can also be found on this playlist. Their music is an amazing amalgamation of alternative and electronic. Make sure you check out their Soundcloud and FaceBook, they won't disappoint. I shall waste no more time; here is this month's collection.

Like Real People Do // acoustic // Hozier
Left Hand Free // alternative // alt-j
Sweet Emotion // alternative // the kooks
Beautiful Girl // acoustic // William Fitzsimmons
Brother // alternative // Lord Huron
Two Weeks // alternative // Grizzly Bear
Rolling and Hands On // alternative // E.K Caine
Stranger // electronic // maala 
Holland // acoustic // Novo Amor
lost/inside our minds // acoustic // John vincent III (couldn't find on YouTube)
Weather // acoustic // Novo Amor
Blue Spotted Tail //  acoustic // Fleet Foxes
Adventures in Your Own Backyard // acoustic // Patrick Watson
Red // alternative // Catfish and the Bottlemen
Forget It (feat. Oliver Tree) // electronic // Getter
Peach Pit // acoustic // Peach Pit
Buzzcut season // electronic // Lorde
Holocene // acoustic // Bon Iver
Between the Bars // acoustic // Elliott Smith
Bright Eyes // acoustic // Lua

That's all for this month. Creating these playlists and looking through them again made me realise that they almost symbolise a time capsule. These collections of songs capture how I was feeling at the time and I think that's something quite special. What music have you been loving lately? Is there any music you have to look back on? Make sure you listen to it here, your ears will thank you.

Until next time.

- Miller

Comments