Tunesday #7 // June '17


It feels like ages since I last posted a Tunesday playlist. I think I struck gold this month. I have some great tunes that your ears will thank me for. Usually, I would compile my musical findings into a playlist on YouTube, but, no more. I have finally created a Spotify account, which I believe will be more accessible and useful to those who want to listen to my playlists.

This month consists of a lot of mellow songs. A lot of guitar, a dash of piano and a pinch of synthesizer. My song of the month is Alright by Keaton Henson. It makes me kinda emotional, it has so much feeling. Some other soulful songs are To Build a Home by The Cinematic Orchestra and Paracetamol by Declan McKenna. The lyrics of that song plucked at my heart strings the first time I heard it. From now on, I'm going to omit the categorisation of each song from these lists. I feel the labels are too restricting and may not accurately represent the sound of each song.

Without further delay, let's get into the playlist...

DJ Khaled is my Father // Spooky Black
Adult Diversion // Alvvays
Two Weeks // Grizzly Bear
Think Too Much, Feel Too Little // JAWS
Chamber of Reflection // Mac Demarco
The Less I Know The Better // Tame Impala
Red Eyes // The War on Drugs
Melt // Wannabe Jalva
To See You Alive // Flatsound
Alright // Keaton Henson
Paracetamol // Declan McKenna
Cigarette Daydreams // Cage the Elephant
Hard Times // Paramore
Sour Grapes // John the Ghost
Nothing Lasts // Bedroom
To Build a Home // The Cinematic Orchestra
Atlas Hands // Benjamin Francis Leftwich
I Will Follow You Into the Dark // Death Cab for Cutie
 

Wow, a fancy playlist embedded into the post! I hope this makes it easier to access the music. I can understand that creating playlist on YouTube can prove a but of a bother. I will leave the old playlists on YouTube and will not transfer then to my Spotify unless someone asks me to. Here is a link to my cool new Spotify account. Make sure to give a follow to keep up-to-date with any playlists that I create. What have you been listening to this month? What's your favourite song from this playlist? I'd love to know!

- Miller

Comments