Tunesday #7 // August '17


After a mini hiatus, Tunesday has returned with vengeance. I am back with an extra long playlist purely for the pleasure of your ears. I am planning on making this series into a bi-monthly occasion. I'm not going to lie, my posts are inconsistent. Sometimes I'll write several times a month, other times I'll only write a couple of posts. I beginning to think there isn't enough content between each Tunesday playlist. So, henceforth, I will be posting every two months instead of every month. But now, playlists will be extra long! Silver linings.

August's artist of the month has to be Lorde. I understand her album was released last month, but since I didn't post a playlist last month, I simply have to mention her now. Her recent album Melodrama was graced with high-praise. I personally thought this album was amazing. Some pop sounds infused with more experimental melodies. It sounds like the arch of a night; coming down after the high. I think that was the intention. My top five songs from the album are; writer in the dark, liability, homemade dynamite, sober and the Louvre. I will add these songs to the end of the playlist. Also, I'm kinda hyped for Dodie's new ep (and book). I really admire Dodie and think that especially lately she's shown maturity and genuine care regarding situations she's found herself in.

Boston // Dermot Kennedy
90210 // Blackbear
You // Keaton Henson
I Found // Amber Run
Horse to Water // Tall Heights
Novels // Rusty Clayton
Focus // Fortunes.
Rivers and Roads // The Head and The Heart
Small Hands // Keaton Henson
Sea of Years // Local Natives
Dunes // Alabama Shakes
Trouble // Cage the Elephant
Addicted // The Night Cafe
Malibu 1992 // COIN
Broadripple is Burning // Margot and the Nuclear So and So's
Space Song // Beach House
Location // Khalid
Party Song // Keaton Henson
6/10 // Dodie Clark
Lay it Down // The Rubens
Cruel Intentions // JMSN
Latch - Live // Drax Project
13 // LANY
In Motion // All Day feat. Japanese Wallpaper
Sunset Lover // Petit Biscuit
Your Time // Nick Murphy, Kaytranada
Tonight I Feel Like Kafka // Jealous of the Birds
Make Believe // Astronaut Husband
For Tonight // Rhyms
Change it All // Harrison Storm
Too Much // Tora


I have created a playlist on Spotify, which you can access here. Make sure to give it a follow to keep up to date with playlists I make. I hope you found something you liked this month. What have you been listening to this month? What are your favourites from my playlist? I'd love to know.

- Miller

Comments